The Silent Song is an artistic practice that serves as an investigation into the nuances of perception, awareness and sensibility to a given environment. It can be applied for several purposes:
The practice can take place in natural environment (parks, forests, mountain regions etc ) or in urban environments (city-streets, offices, shopping malls and other public settings).
It is preferable to go from one environment to the other in order to experience the full impact of the practice (see route examples). The reason for this stems from the simplest observation that our body is continuously dealing with these two opposites: on one hand it purely belongs to the pace and laws of nature yet on the other hand it is constantly adjusting to man-made artificial environments.
The practice of Silent song provides a place of rest and an opportunity to place things in perspective
1. Go outside
2. Start running from wherever you are towards a park or natural environment
3. Once in nature, run for approx 15 min ( can be as long as you want).
4. Eventually stop and reverse walking slowly backwards
5. Now and then take a look at one of the pocket-cards** and dwell on it for a while.
6. Walk all the way back to your starting point
7. Upon finishing, send us feedback of your experience.
** at the moment due to the virus the pocket-cards are to be made by yourself (see photo example) . But soon we will be able to send them to you.